We’ve got a couple of more interviews left from WordCamp San Francisco which we’re still processing and today we’ve got one with Alex Mills, better known as Viper007Bond. Alex talks about his past, present and future with WordPress and about his contributions to the WordPress community.
There’s also great deal of suggestions to developers on themes, plugins and SEO in WordPress, a little bit in performance and security too. Alex works at Automattic’s WordPress VIP services for companies like CNN and TechCrunch. Here are the questions that we asked Alex.
- Who are you? Is this your first WordCamp in San Francisco?
- Tell us a little bit about some of your contributions to WordPress.
- What are some of your most popular plugins?
- Do you use images and video in your own blog?
- Have you worked on any plugins that have to deal with embedding code?
- What is the biggest downfall you see with sites that have performance issues?
- What do you think are some of the worst plugins out there?
- Can you give advice to content creators on selecting a theme around SEO?
- Tell us about the WordPress Happiness Bar and some of the interesting things that you’ve seen here today?
- What about BuddyPress or bbPress?
- Can you give a piece of advice to developers who are new to WordPress?
- Matt Mullenweg announced that plugins that are older two years are now hidden on WordPress.org. What do you think about that? Any of your plugins are at risk?
- How did you get started with WordPress?
- Where can people find you on the Internet?
And again we’ve gotta give a big shout out to Adria Richards for filming and interviewing Alex Mills. As mentioned earlier we’ve got a couple more interviews from WordCamp which we are still processing, so stay tuned!